Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Make Today Amazing

Today was another busy, but fun day at the farm! Nothing's better than getting to spend the day with my husband! While he was working on getting his baler ready to go for this afternoon, I visited the cows. This one was very curious and photogenic!
 After helping load bales, I went to a friend's house to let out her dog, Willie. He had a blast playing with his stick and board collection he had stashed in the backyard! He's a cutie!
As I was leaving, I saw their neighbor's flag. It said "make today amazing." This was on my mind the rest of the drive home. We have a choice each day to make it an amazing day or to make it a bad day. 33Miles wrote a song titled "Jesus Calling". That song contains these lyrics which are perfect for this topic! "How you see your circumstance is all about a choice." 
Your attitude before your feet in even hit the ground in the morning can determine how your day will turn out. Granted things go wrong and things happen that are frustrating and all around just not good. But let's just focus on the everyday circumstances. 
For me, weeding is my everyday circumstance that I find less than amazing. I love planting flowers, watering flowers, and I love when they grow and bloom. But weeds, I despise weeds. It seems that as soon as I finish weeding, there's weeds already growing back where I started! So how do I find something positive and amazing in weeds? My flowers of course! If I didn't weed, they would overtake my flowers and their beauty. So what is the moral of this story?  Weeding out the negativity (sorry about the pun!) brings out the beauty around us! This doesn't just happen by snapping your fingers, just like weeding a flowerbed doesn't happen by snapping your fingers (trust me, I've tried  numerous times!). This is a process. A daily process of focusing on the amazing, even when it's not easy.
Philippians 4:8 says  Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
What we fill our minds with affects our attitude which, in turn, affects the outcome of our day. 
So here's to think on everything true, honest, just, pure, lovely and anything else that contains good! Make today and every day amazing!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment